Monday, June 18, 2012

Again, it has been too long since I have posted.  So much has happened in the past few months, and I get overwhelmed just thinking about trying to play catch up in my blog posts.  My mom challenged me tonight to just start from today and not worry about playing catch up.  So, here I am.

We moved the girls into bunk beds on Saturday and bed time has been quite interesting since.  Calli enjoys the freedom to just get up and roam the house whenever her eyes open from sleep, and Mikayla likes to climb her ladder to the top and then swing down over the side.  We are working through this newness of things, and hoping we can lay down some rules that will be followed.

Liam has really settled into a routine of naps and eating and I am loving it!  Life is getting easier with 3 littles running around.  He still sleeps in the pack n play in our room, but he does a great job sleeping now!

Tonight we had a birthday party for Julia and I forgot to take pictures!  It was just a small family get together, but it was nice.  Ben has moved from living with my mom to living with my dad.  That has been hard for all of us here on the farm still, but Ben is loving his new freedom.  It was nice to see him tonight though.

We ate dinner and then sat around and played games.  It's been a long time since I have just sat around and played games.  We played TV Scene It, with questions from TV shows from the 60's to the 90's.  It was fun to see who knew what.  We knew more than we expected and had a great time!

Matt is away for a few days with work, so I am holding down the fort.  It's tough to not have him here, but it just makes me appreciate him even more!  Well, here's hoping I can stay caught up and actually add some pictures to this wordy blog soon.

1 comment:

  1. Joy, nice to see an update. Liam is SOOOOOOOO cute. He is such a big boy. It is amazing how fast they grow. I am glad you figured out something with the girls. It is always changing with a new set of challenges. When Mae and Lily sleep together we have to put one to bed 1st and let that one fall asleep and then put the next one to bed. If they are together at the same time it doesn't matter how tired they will be up till midnight. Silly girls. Anyway, cool bunkbeds. Jack is still in a crib....I can't imagine him FREE. He is CRAZY!!! Miss you so much friend.

    ReplyDelete